Browse Research and Funding Centres
Institute of Nursing Science at Witten/Herdecke University
No related programmes were found.
No related projects were found.
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Type of institution
The Institute of Nursing Science at Witten/Herdecke University aims to provide high level education to students at Bachelor, Master and PhD level. It also aims to increase the knowledge base about nursing care issues, either from the care providing perspective of nurses or from the care receiving/care needs perspective of patients/clients and their families. The Institute collaborates with practice institutions to increase opportunities for direct knowledge transfer and better collaboration between theory and practice.
Main research areas
1) Family-oriented and community based care (including a particular focus on family caregivers, their experiences and their needs). 2) Epidemiology with regard to nursing phenomena. 3) Development of quality criteria for nursing care (pressure sore prevention, pain management, continence promotion, interdisciplinary recommendation for nutrition of elderly people, recommendations for dementia care). 4) Care dependency assessment instruments. 5) Long-term care needs. 6) The impact of health care policy decisions on nursing care delivery. 7) Ethics in health and social care. 8) Dementia care. 9) Patient and family education and counselling.
University of Witten/Herdecke
Institute of Nursing ScienceStockumer Strasse 12
+49 2302 926-358