Browse Research and Funding Centres
Maritime Data Centre for Aging Research & Policy Analysis, Mount Saint Vincent University
No related programmes were found.
No related projects were found.
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Type of institution
In July 2002, Dr. Janice Keefe was selected as Mount Saint Vincent University's first Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Aging and Caregiving Policy and was awarded funding from the Canada Foundation for Innovation to develop the Maritime Data Centre for Aging Research and Policy Analysis (MDC). Funding was also provided by the Province of Nova Scotia and Mount Saint Vincent University.
- To conduct research on the effects of the aging population with particular emphasis on caregiving issues.
- To train graduate and undergraduate students in research methodologies, analysis of public policies and quantitative analyses of primary and secondary data.
- To translate findings from data analysis to key local, provincial, and national decision makers in the continuing care field.
Main research areas
Key Research Areas:
Dr. Janice Keefe ( Associate Professor & Canada Re
166 Bedford Highway