Browse Research and Funding Centres
Welcome to the Dementia Collaborative Research Centres (DCRC) website - Australia’s premier dementia
No related programmes were found.
No related projects were found.
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Type of institution
This website has information on over 160 research projects with more being added all the time along plus links to other sites. A very powerful search doorway below has been designed for those looking for specific dementia research.
The purpose of the DCRCs is to conduct dementia research to improve the diagnosis, reduce the risk of dementia, as well as improve the lives of those people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The DCRCs research agenda includes:
• developing programs and informing policy to further the prevention and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
• furthering techniques to diagnose Alzheimer’s Disease sooner
• enhancing the awareness of dementia in the community and amongst health professionals
• improving assessment and care for people with dementia and their families
• optimising assistance for carers
• improving nursing home care
• enhancing palliative care for people with dementia
Main research areas
Dementia Collaborative Research Centre-Assessment
School of Psychiatry
Faculty of Medicine
AGSM Building/The University of New South Wales
+61 2 9385 2585
+61 2 9385 2585