Browse Research and Funding Centres
Centre for Education & Research on Aging and Health, Lakehead University
No related programmes were found.
No related projects were found.
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Type of institution
The Centre for Education and Research on Aging & Health is located at the Balmoral Street Centre on the Lakehead University campus.
- Conduct research consistent with the mission
- Coordinate local, regional, provincial and national projects
- Develop multi-sectoral partnerships and project teams
- Conduct program/project evaluation studies
- Act as a resource centre
- Coordinate lectures, workshops and exhibits
- Offer continuing education sessions for professional and lay groups
- Organize conferences, forums and symposiums
- Develop educational materials such as manuals, videos and specialized curriculum
- Publish articles, reports and newsletters
- Disseminate information and materials
- Provide consultation to community, organizations and government
- Collaborate and networks with community-based organizations
- Network with other Centres on Aging in Canada
Main research areas
- Aging at Home
- Indigenous Peoples' Health & Aging
- Dementia & Geriatric Mental Health
- Health Promotion & Exercise and Chronic Disease Management
- Palliative Care
Dr. Ian Newhouse (Director)
Health Services North
955, Oliver Road
(807) 343- 2104