Browse Research and Funding Centres
Research Unit of the Primary Care Head Office of Albacete. Health Care System of Castilla-La Mancha
No related programmes were found.
No related projects were found.
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Type of institution
Research Unit created in 2008 and located in the Primary Care Head Office of Albacete. It also is part of the Research Service of the Health Care Service of Castilla-La Mancha, which belongs to the Quality, Research and Innovation Area of the Health Care Service o Castilla-La Mancha. Composed of:
• Two doctors of Medicine and specialist in Family Medicine.
• A doctor of Psychology.
• A Bachelor of Computer Science.
• An auxiliary administrative.
• Staff hired by means of grants obtained in competitive official announcements.
• Assessment of strategies of primary and secondary prevention.
• Design and validation of assessment and screening instruments in elderly people.
• Development of new technologies for the monitoring of chronic patients.
• Analysis of cardiovascular, cancer and mental health prevention strategies
Main research areas
• Desing and validation of assessment and screening instruments in elderly people: hearing impairment, visual impairment, insomnia as well as the study of the functional consequences of the mentioned disorders.
• Epidemiology and psychogeriatry: prevalence and risk factors of mental disorders in elderly people and consumption of psychotropic drugs.
• Assessment of strategies of cardiovascular prevention. Development of several research projects about hypercholesterolemia, monitoring of patients with metabolic syndrome and treatments efectivity.
• Assesment of strategies of primary and secondary prevention. Developed in several projects about falls risk factors and about efectivity of the calcium and the vitamine D in the appearance of fractures and falls in people over 65 years.
• Assessment of the use of telemedicine in the attention to patients.
• Assessment of strategies of prevention of cancer. • Development of strategies of benzodiacepine withdrawal
Jesús López-Torres, Ignacio Párraga