Browse Research and Funding Centres
Universidad de la Coruña. Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Departamento de Medicina. Grupo de inves
No related programmes were found.
No related projects were found.
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Type of institution
The Gerontology Research Group at A Coruña University was founded in 1992 with the aim of going deeply into ageing and its affecting aspects.
From a multidisciplinary perspective, the group is formed, among others, by gerontology specialist professionals within the fields of medicine, psychology, sociology, engineering, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech-therapy, nursing and social work. All of them try to improve the quality of life of the old people through their different but coordinated activities.
• Teaching; which include first cycle subjects (gerontology and geriatrics), post-grade (University Master in Gerontology) and (Master in Gerontology and Geriatrics Assessment and Intervention) and PhD (Ageing: advances and research)
• Research; through the different opened lines and public subsidized projects mainly referred to neurodegenerative diseases and to the application of the new communication and information techniques in the field of the old people
• Assistance; through our participation as professionals in the management of the Gerontologic Complex La Milagrosa located in A Coruña
Our main aim is improve the quality of life in elderly people.
Main research areas
TIC and elderly people. Neurodegeneratives diseases in elderly people. Alzheimer's disease. Non farmachological intervention in dementia.
José C. Millán Calenti (Director del grupo de inve
Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud Departamento de M
Edificio Universitario de Oza
981 16 70 00
981 16 71 20