Browse Ageing Researchers
Prof Astrida Krumina
Centre for Human and Social Sciences, Spanish National Research Council, CCHS-CSIC
Need some help?
If you find yourself getting a bit lost, try using one of the links below to get back to the beginning:
- ◀ Go back to the start page
You can search the whole database for specific search terms, choose a country or browse by category.
- ◀ Perform an advanced search
Useful when you know what you're looking for, and where the data might be stored.
- Browse all Research Centres and Funders
See a list of all centres from where you can view details and the programmes and projects that are associated with that centre/funder.
- Browse all Research Programmes
See a list of all the research programmes in the database. When you look at one you will automatically see which Research Funder/Centre it belongs too, and you can explore this programme's projects or see other programmes within the same funder/centre.
- Browse all Researchers
Individual researchers are not "attached" to any particular project or programme. If you want to narrow down the list you could choose a country on the start page and look at the list on the left of the page..
Riga Stradins University
Senior Researcher; Professor, LCS accredited expert evaluator in Biomedicine
Dzirciema Str. 16
Biology of Ageing / Biogerontology, Clinical Sciences / Geriatrics
Genetics of ageing
Genome-wide association analysis
Haplogroup and haplotype analysis
Personal Biography (maximum 300 words):
First name, Last name: Astrida Krumina
Date of birth: 25.12.1940
Place of birth: Riga, Latvia
Address: 13B Ezermalas street, Riga, LV - 1014, Latvia
Contact phone: 67540324
1958 - 1964 Riga Medical Institute, Faculty of Medicine
1954 - 1958 Riga 3rd secondary school
1947 - 1954 Riga 49th primary school
1996 - 1996 Oxford libraries and Churchill Hospital Medical Genetics Laboratories (Oxford Colleges Hospitality Scheme for East European Scholars) - 1 month
1988 - 1988 Institute of Mental Health (Moscow), Laboratory of Molecular Genetics - 1 month
1975 - 1975 Institute of Medical Genetics (Moscow) - 1 month
1967 - 1971 Institute of Molecular Biology (Moscow) - postgraduate studies
1992 Dr. Habil. Biol.
2003 Professor in Medical Genetics
Professor in the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics (now – Department of Biology and Microbiology)
Riga Stradins University, Head of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics
1971 - 1978 Riga 3rd Hospital, cytogeneticist
1967 - 1971 Institute of Molecular Biology (Moscow), postgraduate student
1964 - 1967 Daugavpils district hospital, epidemiologist
Human genetics, Population genetics
Since 1994 leader of 5 scientific projects and two cooperation projects , financially supported by Latvian Scientific Council, and one subproject, supported by Latvian Ministry of Education. Leader of the Latvian part of the Baltic - Taiwan collaborative project (2003-2006) .
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL AND
Latvian Association of Medical Geneticists ,Latvian Society of Geneticists and Breeders, European Society of Human Genetics, American Society of Human Genetics
HONOURARY TITLES, AWARDS
PUBLICATIONS (5 most important in last 5 years)
1. L.Pliss, K.Tambets, E.-L.Loogväli, N.Pronina, M.Lazdins, A.Krumina, V.Baumanis, R.Villems. Mitochondrial DNA portrait of Latvians: Towards the understanding of the genetic structure of Baltic-speaking populations. –Annals of Human Genetics, 2006, vol.70, pp.439.-458.
2. A.Krumina, J.Keiss, V.Sondore, A.Chernushenko, G.Chernevska, A.Zarina, I.Micule, L.Piekuse, M.Kreile, B.Lace, Z.Krumina, B.Rozentale. From clinical and biochemical to molecular genetic diagnosis of Wilson disease in Latvia. –Russian Journal of Genetics, 2008, vol.44, No.10, pp.1195.-1200.
3. B.Lace, T.Sveger, A.Krams, G.Cernevska, A.Krumina. Age of SERPINA1 gene PI Z mutation: Swedish and Latvian population analysis. –Annals of Human Genetics, 2008, vol. 72, pp.300.-304.
4. Tambets K, Rootsi S, Kivisild T, Help H, Serk P, Loogvali EL, Tolk HV, Reidla M, Metspalu E, Pliss L, Balanovsky O, Pshenichnov A, Balanovska E, Gubina M, Zhadanov S, Osipova L, Damba L, Voevoda M, Kutuev I, Bermisheva M, Khusnutdinova E, Gusar V, Grechanina E, Parik J, Pennarun E, Richard C, Chaventre, A, Moisan JP, Barac L, Pericic M, Rudan P, Terzic R, Mikerezi I, Krumina A, Baumanis V, Koziel S, Rickards O, De Stefano GF, Anagnou N, Pappa KI, Michalodimitrakis E, Ferak V, Furedi S, Komel R, Beckman L, Villems R. The western and eastern roots of the Saami--the story of genetic outliers told by mitochondrial DNA and Y chromosomes. Am J Hum Genet,. 2004, Vol.74(4), pp.661.-682.
5. A.Krumina, L.Pliss, A.Brakmanis, V.Baumanis. Mitochondrial DNA polymorphisms and heteroplasmy associated with longevity in the Latvian population. – Proceedings of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences; Genetics, selection and biotechnology, 2007, Logos, Kiev, pp.568 – 571.