By visiting or using this website you consent to the collection and use by ERA-AGE of information about you in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement. The terms 'ERA-AGE', 'we' and 'us' in this statement mean the ERA-AGE project - personnel who are based at the Sociological studies department at the University of Sheffield.
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality;
- Only record your personal details in the manner and for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement;
- Keep your personal details secure from unauthorised access, use or disclosure;
- Not sell, rent, trade or otherwise knowingly share or provide your personal information to any third party except insofar as legally obliged to do so;
- Only use your information in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any information collected indirectly will be used by ERA-AGE only: to monitor the volume, type and pattern of traffic using this website; to develop the design and layout of the website; and for other administrative and planning purposes.
ERA-AGE collects personal information, such as a user's name and email address, only when it is provided voluntarily by a user when communicating with the ERA-AGE project.
We will use such information as provided by you to answer enquiries and otherwise communicate with you. All communications from you and subsequent correspondence from us will be recorded and securely retained by us. ERA-AGE shall not retain the contents of any communications from you and subsequent correspondence for longer than is necessary having regard to the content and nature of such communications and correspondence. Contact details including your email address may be retained for the purposes of generally improving the services offered by ERA-AGE. This includes evaluation of the services provided by us.
We may use any information collected directly from users or visitors for generally improving this website and the services offered by ERA-AGE.
This website contains hypertext links to other web sites. ERA-AGE is not responsible for the content of these sites, nor for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and does not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.
Privacy Statement Updates